- Events & Workshops
- Taking Action
- Give to CEW
Event Support & Co-Sponsorship (Request for Proposal)
The University of Michigan Center for the Education of Women (CEW) is dedicated to encouraging and enhancing the education and careers of women and nontraditional students through programs, services and advocacy.
CEW seeks opportunities to partner with U-M departments and other campus units to contribute to the intellectual diversity of the University community through a special endowment, detailed below.
NOTE: Student groups may submit their funding requests for amounts less than $500 by clicking on this link.
CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund
The CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund promotes diversity and cultural awareness by bringing women leaders to campus. Visiting leaders who are distinguished scholars and/or practitioners in their fields should spend time interacting with students, faculty and staff in seminars, presentations, classes and informal gatherings. Support for visiting leaders from the CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund require that a scheduled event be free and open to the entire University community. Each academic year, CEW will support up to 8 proposals: 3 proposals up to $5,000.00 and 5 proposals up to $1,000.00.
- All proposals submitted for co-sponsorship must include an event that will be free and open to the University community.
- Proposals must include a complete budget documenting other event collaborators and funding sources.
- Promotional materials (e.g., press releases, flyers, announcement and event programs, etc.) listing CEW as a co-sponsor must be reviewed by CEW prior to circulation and distribution.
- All publicity for events must have the co-sponsorship of the CEW Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund listed and include the CEW logo.
- An electronic copy of all promotional materials and the final program created for the event must be submitted to CEW along with a final budget within 30 days after the event.
Past examples of co-sponsorships include:
- Come as You Are: Art of the 1990s: Curator lecture with Alexandra Schwartz (UMMA)
- Teach-In + 50: End the War Against the Planet (College of Literature, Science and the Arts, LS&A)
- Women's Rights in the 21st Century (International Institute)
- She's the First Student Organization (Student Affairs)
- William Trotter Lecture Support (Student Affairs)
A review committee comprised of CEW staff and student interns make the award selections. Preference will be given to those proposals that are most in alignment with CEW's mission and the purpose of the Frances and Sydney Lewis Visiting Leaders Fund.
*Only those proposals submitted via the CEW online form will be considered.
Co-sponsorship requests must be submitted by the deadline and at least SIX (6) WEEKS before the proposed programming. Requests for retroactive funding will not be considered. Please note the following important deadlines:
- 2016 Fall Semester: September 15, 2016 (or minimum 6 weeks before the event)
- 2017 Winter Semester: December 1, 2016
- 2017 Spring/Summer Semester: March 1, 2017
- 2017 Fall Semester: July 1, 2017
- 2018 Winter Semester: November 1, 2017
- 2018 Spring/Semester: February 1, 2018
U-M Departments & Units:
- Frances & Sydney Lewis Fund Co-Sponsorship Support Application (request for funding support)
- Event Promotion Request Form (request for event promotion only)
U-M Student Groups:
- Student Group Event Support Request Form (requests for student groups must be less than $500)
If you have any further questions, please email CEW-RFP@umich.edu.