- Programs & Events
- Taking Action
- President's Advisory Commission on Women's Issues
- Michigan Partners Project
- Women and Economic Security: Changing Policy and Practice Conference
- Visiting Social Activists Program
- Carol Hollenshead Award
- Taking Action on State and National Issues
- UM Campus Issues
- Campus Sexual Assault Policy Conference 2012
- Support CEW
For over forty years, CEW has investigated aspects of higher education, stemming from our original focus on women completing or continuing their education. Our interest in the juncture of women and higher education falls into three main areas:
Women in Academia - CEW continues to explore the unique experiences of women in higher education, whether students, faculty, or staff.
Climate/Satisfaction - As we consider the satisfaction of those working in higher education, CEW researchers look at gender differences, differences by race/ethnicity, at work-life balance and at policies that affect climate and satisfaction.
Contingent Faculty - Whether called contingent, adjunct, or part-time, this is a growing segment of the academic workforce; it is also a segment with a high representation of women.