- Programs & Events
- Taking Action
- Support CEW
Become a Partner
The work of the Center for the Education of Women at the University of Michigan changes lives. Despite the economic uncertainties in Michigan, CEW is committed to supporting great potential and great achievements for the benefit of individuals, families, and society. In fulfilling our mission CEW relies on the generous support of friends whose gifts enable us to expand our services, increase our advocacy presence, continue our research, and develop women leaders. Make a gift today.
How CEW Changes Lives
- Our counseling program has served over 45,000 individuals since CEW opened its doors in 1964. CEW serves UM students, faculty, and staff. In addition, community members represent over half of our counseling participants.
- CEW Scholarships is celebrating its 40th year anniversary and has awarded 1,200 scholarships since the program was established. Scholars represent all three University of Michigan campuses, a wide variety of disciplines, and both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- CEW continues to inform the community by offering various lectures, workshops, and programs, including programs hosted by the award winning Women of Color Task Force.
- Our Visiting Scholars Program augments CEW’s research. Visiting scholars come from institutions across the U.S. and from around the world.
- CEW has advocated to bolster the state of Michigan’s economy by including more women in the high tech work force.